Friday, November 11, 2011

November update

In a week, so much has happened! 


First off, we went to the Alabama/LSU game last weekend. Brent and I had a great time, before the game ended. But really, we had fun!! We went to the game with another couple from Scottsboro that is the inverse of Brent and myself. Betsy is a Alabama Alum, and Alex is an Auburn Alum (plus he was a Tiger Host, the male version of a Tigerette, which I was). Alex and I struggled to be in Tuscaloosa and it was almost hard to wear red, but I love my husband and I really hate don't like LSU, so I grinned and bore it. 


Now that the whole world knows the outcome, I can post the pictures. Before I show you the following photos, I need to answer a few questions.

NO, I am not a converted Alabama fan.
NO, I am not homophobic.
YES, I am a fatty. :)


 Yes, I love my husband very much.

This was really too funny. I really have a large amount of hate disdain for LSU, their coach, and the majority of their fans. I actually hate dislike them and UGA more than I despise dislike Bama. 
Go figure.

Ok, Bama people do things differently. At Auburn, you tailgate with your friends and that's where you eat, or you go downtown and get your food there. However, on the Quad, they have food vendors everywhere you turn. My friend Betsy and I spotted a huge sign that said "Deep Fried Heart Attack Waiting to Happen" "Fried Oreos, Fried Twinkies," so of course we had to go. 

I see no point in elaborating on the game, because we all know how it ended. I will say that it was a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG ride back to Birmingham with Alex and Betsy. 
But Brent was one little pissy-pants.

Fast forward through a four-day work week...

Wednesday afternoon I was talking to my sister-in-law about how Brent and I are off for Veterans Day and how we would love to spend some time with Annslie and Addisyn. Here's how it turned out:

"Let's build a camp, BB!" Of course Brent was happy to oblige.

"Read-a me a 'tory BB. Now read it again." 
Addisyn is more concerned with her mini-pack of fries from McDonald's, cause that's how Aunt Anna cooks on weeknights.
Who came up with the idea of a friggin mini-pack? Childhood obesity is not going to be ended with a little pack of fries and apple slices.

"Read it again, BB. Now again. Now again."
The poor guy is going to say the Three Bears and Three Little Piggies and Cinderella and Snow White in his sleep! He loved every second of it.

What better way to start the day than your Aunt Anna making you Mickey Mouse pancakes? I put this picture here to show that I did not use a cookie cutter. My dad used to make these for me when I was a little girl, and I am SO glad I watched him do it! 



The Finished Product. Yes, they were demolished. Mighty tasty, too!

Right now, two little girls are sound asleep. It won't last much longer. In the meantime, be sure to thank a Veteran today. I am so proud to say both of my grandfathers proudly served their country, and both have definitely made me thankful and proud to be an American. To my Papa and my Pop (especially today),

 THANK YOU and I LOVE YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment